Silicon Dragon Pitch Contest Launches For Startups To Grow In Beijing
Silicon Dragon is holding a pitch competition for entrepreneurs June 23, 2016 in NYC as part of the annual Silicon Dragon New York event at NASDAQ. We welcome pitches from startup teams. Apply to pitch June 23 at NASDAQ by this Friday, June 17.
15 teams selected to pitch will receive:
– An invitation to pitch your startup to judges Brian Cohen, lead investor in Pinterest and Chairman of NY Angels, and Jim Robinson of RRE Ventures, a top startup investor in NY (See links for judge bios);
– An opportunity to be filmed live onstage at Nasdaq in front of an audience of 200+ investors, entrepreneurs and founders as part of the Silicon Dragon New York program. Potential for media coverage, and 2 complimentary event tickets.
– Pitch feedback and coaching by the Silicon Dragon team prior to the live competition.
Top 2 winning teams will receive:
– A jam-packed trip to Beijing, July 29-31, 2016 for investor meetings, startup tour sights, and an innovation conference. Teams will receive a travel/accommodation subsidy of $850 in addition to hotel and meals for 3 days.
– A chance to compete in Beijing against founders from countries including the U.S., U.K., Germany, Israel, Australia, and more. New York winners that agree to set up a legal entity in Beijing Chaoyang District will receive additional support including grant funding ranging from $16,000 to $50,000; and $160,000 for the global champion team. Each team will also receive preferential loans, funding and policy consulting, and free startup space in Chaoyang.
You qualify to enter if:
– You are the founder(s) of a startup that is less than 3 years old and has not yet received Series A funding
– Your company is in the technology, finance, modern services, cultural creativity, and/or social entrepreneurship industries. Other projects may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
– At least one founder or key team member is able to do live pitching at NASDAQ on the evening of June 23.
To submit your project for pitching, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a ONE PARAGRAPH (< 250 words) summary of your startup. Include web links. List the full names, emails, phone numbers, and WeChat IDs of each key team member.
Submissions are open through Friday, June 17, 2016. Late and incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
Questions? Please contact Ying-Ying at email@example.com. Good luck!